Why do I feel so guilty??

We are moving the week after Thanksgiving to a really nice house in a good neighborhood with a great school.  However this is the 4th move in 2 years.  After this move my girls will be attending their 5th elementary school.  Every time we moved it was for good until something happens like my husband losing his job and it this case the house we're at now is only 7 years old and it's falling apart.  The roof leaks because it was done wrong along with the driveway flood almost every time it rains hard I have to wade through the water to get my girls off the bus.  This new house is $11,000 cheaper than this house.  I'm just concerned my girls will resent it in the future.  Right now they are excited about the new house, but they get sad when they leave their friends.  We are just moving across town so they can see them on weekends and stuff.  I guess I'm afraid I'm going to scar them or something.  Anyone else have to move alot as a child or have your children gone to different schools during elementary age?  What was the outcome?

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 12:11 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I moved my kids 32 times in 15 yrs. They grew up fine. They adjusted and met new friends. Not one of them resented me for all the moves.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I moved my kids around a lot in their elementary kids as well, I didn't have any choice in the matter, you do what you have to do. Since money is a factor, you have every right to move somewhere else. Besides, people move all the time. Kids are tougher than you think. You can also tell them that they can talk to their friends on the phone.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:57 AM on Nov. 22, 2010