Is it okay to wear yoga pants when running errands?

I love them and wore them all the time during my 2 pregnancies for that whole weight shifting. Now, I've gotten into the habit of wearing them because they are so comfortable (and I'm trying to lose weight to fit back into a more normal jean size). (Plus, they seem to repel stains well.) Is it bad to wear them so much? Does it look less desirable vs jeans to wear? When I'm at work, I dress professionally, but I want to dress more casually when playing with the kids and doing shopping, etc.

Chocolatespring

Asked by Chocolatespring at 12:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I don't see why not. They're comfy, plus it makes you look like you're always working out lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• As long as they are of a reasonable quality and fit well...it's fine. It's the ones that are a little too thin that you have to worry about...check out the dressing room next time you go somewhere with them...if you can see cottage cheese or fat rolls, they are a no go. You have to look under fluorescent lights, it doesn't work at home.

(btw, I'm not saying you HAVE cottage cheese or fat rolls... just if those are hanging out, back away from the pants.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:22 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I like them cuz there comfy too and when Im running erans and in and out the car I like to be comfy. But my SO thinks they are to tight(sexy) for me to wear out!LOL Its your choice in the end.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 12:23 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• The fashion police will arrest you! LOL
    Why not? Dress how YOU like. If your comfortable in them, why not? They're relatively fashionable, anyway. Plus, who expects a mom to wear fancy clothes, anyway?? Ya know? Plus, it will save you from buying. In between sizes while you're losing weight. Good luck with the weight loss!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:10 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You know what... Who the hell cares what's "Fashionably accepted?" If you're comfortable & happy, go for it... Seriously, this idea that we have to look a certain way when we go to the store, makes my head spin... Be comfortable, Be YOU, Be Happy - Ignore the rest of the CRAP!

I have no idea what Yoga Pants are, but if you like them and your "stuff" isn't hanging out, wear them proudly!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:22 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• How dare you be comfortable on your way to the store? You should wear a dress and stilettos or not leave the house! Come on, whoever cares about if you are wearing yoga pants to the store has WAY too much time on their hands.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 3:22 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I thnk you should wear what you feel like wearing, no worries about what anyone else thinks of your fashion.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:37 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I live in Bally's Yoga Pants. For the last three years I have got them at Sam's. They are not there this year. They are not thin. They are not tight. They wash beautifully and I get black so they go with everything. I throw on a long sweater and a pair of 2 inch mules and I am off.
    They are basicly straight legged.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• As a Mom you get to choose your wardrobe .
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:50 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Well, you see the reason I ask is because there are a few moms around my son's pre-K who give me an up & down glare when I wear them. It makes me feel self-conscious when I should know better than to care about what they think. Thanks for the wonderful support mommies!
    Chocolatespring

Comment by Chocolatespring (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Nov. 22, 2010