DF wants me to get pregnant...

I have 3 boys -- 8 year old twins and a 4 year old that started as twins. I had a miscarriage in march that was twins. The doctors say that I ovulate with both ovaries and that I have a 95% or better chance of having twins every time. I had a difficult pregnancy with the youngest and spent the last 2 months in the hospital. None of these kids are my DF's and he doesn't have any and wants one of his own. I'm worried that I may not be able to have any more or that my body won't be able to carry twins again.

sweet29mom

Asked by sweet29mom at 12:33 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think that it's perfectly reaonsalbe for him to want children with you if you're inteding to get married, it's only fair to him to have some children of his own. BUT it's your body and you get to choose if you are okay with it. Perhaps you both need to go talk to the doctor about what the risks or considerations are for you since your likelehood of twins is so high. Make sure he knows that it's almost guranteed outcome for you. And that perahps yes you're willing to try, assumig you are, but only one more time or whatever. Make a plan make an agreement but leave it open to change and knowledge.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 12:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If you want to try for another child or even possibly feel ok with the idea of having another set of twins, talk to your doctor about the risks to your body. They are going to be your best source of guidance and support. If you don't want anymore children or maybe would consider adopting, you need to sit down and have a serious talk and decided what both of you want. I honestly think children is a deal breaker. If you aren't on the same page about having kids, it will never work out.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 12:38 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Take your DF with you to the doc consult. Yall can ask what you need to, and just talk about possibilities. Good luck.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I understand how he feels and I am open to having more (I've always wanted a girl) but I'm afraid of how crushed he would be if I miscarried again.
    sweet29mom

Comment by sweet29mom (original poster) at 12:54 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• well not to scare you or even suggest that this is the case.... in some cases not being able to have kids is a deal breaker. So if you try and miscarry or just cant can he handle that and not walk away? Talk to your doc, talk to your df think this out completely. He needs to be prepared if it doesnt work out will he still be there for you and except that its just not possible. If your willing let him know and he needs to let you know that he is w u no matter what the outcome maybe. GL
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 1:34 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I know he would never leave me if I can't have any more kids, but I know if I miscarried he would probably never want to try again.
    sweet29mom

Comment by sweet29mom (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Being afraid will never out weigh the joy in his eyes when you tell him you're pregnant. There are risks with every pregnancy, and yours are greater than some, not as great as others - but if you've always been open to it, then go for it. And hon, these men surprise us sometimes - how can you be sure that if you miscarried he wouldn't want to try again?? That's presuming the worst of him (and probably more of a symptom of being scared than it is of really thinking he wouldn't want to try again). You've every right to be anxious, take your time and make your decision based on what you really feel in your heart. GL
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 6:00 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• IS your Dr concerned that you won't be able to carry to term? If not then I would go for it, as long as youare willing to have another set of twins.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• what is DF i hate all these abreviations
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 10:45 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• take ur df to see teh doc
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010