Need advice on how to be happy about unplanned pregnancy!!

I have an 8 year old daughter… I was 15 when I gave birth to her (extremely young!). I am now 24 and I have a boyfriend whom I JUST met back in July. I found out I was pregnant the day before Halloween and I cried for 2 days. I have my phlebotomy license (drawing blood), and I was working at a big medical practice for 10 months until I was fired back in April. I am now 8 weeks pregnant and I am so scared!! I have no job (had an interview last week and waiting for the word on that) and hardly any money and I live with family. (I have my own apartment inside my sister and her husband’s house). My sister is about 9 weeks pregnant with twins, she is not happy either!! My boyfriend is so happy and he is a single father of 3 daughters from a previous relationship (13 year old twins and a 12 year old, all girls!) He is quite older than me (35) and he is still legally married to his ex. I know that I made my bed… I knew exactly what I was getting into when I decided to be in a relationship with him, but hey, it is what it is. If I get another phlebotomist job I will be okay, but I have to get a job BEFORE I start showing!! We all know that employers aren’t SUPPOSED to discriminate, but they DO. WHAT IS A GIRL TO DO? I am trying to be happy about this but I can’t get happy because every time I try all I can think about is money and how I’m going to get everything I need for the baby!!! :( Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Queenie09

Asked by Queenie09 at 12:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hugs. I was not happy about being preg with my first because me and my DH were going through a rough spot and I honestly didnt think we'd make it. But we went to counseling and I slowly became very excited as I began reading about babies and preparing. God bless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Getting pregnant unexpectantly is sometimes an accident, but it is never a mistake. God gave you this baby because it is what he knows is what you need in your life. You may not know or realize what it is right now, but you will later. Maybe it is a sign that you will get a better job or that you and your bf will work out. Everything happens for a reason and God would not give you something that you could not handle. I am trying to get pregnant for the last 7 mo and I figure it hasn't happened bc it is not my time. Be thankful and just pray about it. Good luck!
    meg4763

Answer by meg4763 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I agree with the post above.All babies are from god and this one will bring a blessing to your life.It will be a little gift you didnt know you needed.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 11:08 AM on Nov. 22, 2010