is it possible for a one month old to have nightmares ?

my little girl starts screaming in her sleep and didnt know if it was nightmares or what ! my husband says that it cant be nightmares but we just wanted to ask everyone to see if it could be !

Heavenbrwneyez

Asked by Heavenbrwneyez at 12:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be gas or that she feels she's not near you. A really great book my sister gave me when i had my first baby, was the happiest baby on the block- which talks a lot about sleep and stuff. Do you swaddle?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:55 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• yes we swaddle. thats the only way she will fall asleep!
    Heavenbrwneyez

Comment by Heavenbrwneyez (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would say it is most likely gas.....try getting more of a burp out of her, or lay her face down on your arm and pat to relieve the pressure. She might get bits and pieces of things she has seen all day that frighten her, but I dont know.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 12:58 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yeah it could be gas. It's tough. my first was a crier almost all evening. We got through it, but he wanted to be held a lot and nurse himself to sleep a lot and I did that for him, we co slept, and when nothing would calm him, the swing and vacuum would!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:02 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• yes.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:56 AM on Nov. 23, 2010