Know any fun things I can do for Baby's first Thanksgiving? *PIOG*

This is my baby's first Thanksgiving and he is 1o months old. I read about some different ideas like making the turkey hand and making a book for your baby that your family members can put why they ate thankful for your baby so your baby can read it later and you can add pics. There's always the outfits and the pureeing of thanksgiving food but I want to know is if anyone has come up with anything fun to do with your baby to make a memory or start a new tradition with them? I want to do something special and memorable for my baby Trey. Any ideas?

MommyBird388

Asked by MommyBird388 at 1:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was 5 months old for her first Thanksgiving, but that was her first taste of real food. We gave her mashed sweet potatoes, and they became her favorite food for a long time. now she hates them, but it was a special thanksgiving since that was her first food other than nursing! We always just make them part of the Thanksgiving meal, letting them eat with the adults and have little bits of the food and such.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:54 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• How about something like, "I'm thankful for.... You!" Printed on Nice paper (maybe a fall/leafy background or paper) and used as a frame around a picture of him on his first thanksgiving. Then frame it and hang it in his nursery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Let him see what a real live turkey looks like/is.?
    freakingoutnow

Answer by freakingoutnow at 2:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Make sure you pick up some gerber turkey =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 4:27 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i like to know ideas
    deevega

Answer by deevega at 1:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• this is my daughters first thanksgiving and we did one a weeks early for thanksgiving and she had her first baby food then which was sweet potatos and turkey she loved it
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2010