How do I get my 20 month old to eat more food???

My daughter Parisa is an interesting little lady...she barely eats food and when she does she eats like a mouse?! Little tid-bits of bites and then she is done.

She still has a soother which I am trying to get rid of but it doesn't seem to be working out so well:(

Any suggestions mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep them available all the time. Keep offering new foods (and don't give up on a food if she doesn't like it- it can take 30 tries to like something). Is she growing normally, or does the doctor have concerns? If she's not growing like she should, you might want to meet with a nutritionist. They might have some ideas that could work for you.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:47 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• children's appetites can wax and wane and i would suggest you let your child be the leader concerning eating. dont make it a battle of wills to try and force your child to eat. dont worry your child wont starve themselves.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 2:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Throw away the soother. Done.
    Now onto the food. Offer healthy options, she will eat. It is better to eat a little bit of the healthy than anything of the junk. Maybe a children's vitamin would be a good option for now as well.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Thank you ladies so much;-)

I will definitely throw out the soother & broaden the healthy foods I offer my little one!

Thanks again!!!

Www.SOCmom.com
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If her weight is a concern for the Dr talk to him about pediasure. My daughter is about the same age and pretty much won't eat much. The same as your lil one. My daughter has it in between meals as a snack. If you happen to have WIC ask their office if you can have it put on the vouchers cause I gotta be honest it is expensive.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010