How is the baby "disposed of" after a D&C? Can I take him home?

TSCUCCIA

Asked by TSCUCCIA at 3:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ask your doctor directly what will happen to the tissue and if you are allowed to have it. He/she should tell you exactly what will happen. I know at our hospital, they are cremated and the cremains are buried. They hold a community service each year for those who have lost at child at the memorial site. Depending on how far along you were, some funeral homes will provide services for free. I miscarried twice at home and was able to recover the tissue from my second but not my first. I asked a pastor to help me have closure by offering a prayer for my lost babies. It helped me a lot. I am sorry for your loss.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:05 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• no it is considered hospital bio waste. the baby is not intact. there is nothihng you would want to bring home
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 3:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• After a D&C, that is like an abortion. Not much left of the baby. If you where far enough along to have a pregnancy that had a baby .

Answer by louise2 at 4:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I am so sorry.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:56 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'm sosorry but I think there is nothing left and it just goes into the waste stuff. I had one many years ago. I was so devastated that I never thought to even ask but I guess I figured nothing was there either.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:58 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I think you should ask, Im in a total different country so of course may be different but I was allowed mine
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 8:07 AM on Nov. 22, 2010