My belly button split open!

I don't know how it happened and it doesn't hurt but it is split wide open. There is no skin covering it anymore and it is leaking drainage and crusting over a yellow/green discharge.

I had a few laprascopic surgeries where one entry point was there but those were years ago. It is also very red around it,.

Should I go in and if so, do I go to the M.D., urgent care or the ER? WWYD?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 4:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Health

• Go to the ER it could get infected and cause harm.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I am a diabetic. Does this play into this?
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 5:05 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It sounds like it is already infected. I'd go to the er cause you may need IV antibiotics.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:28 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Go to the ER ASAP! Not yelling in caps, but you really need to get it looked at.
    summerbabe

Answer by summerbabe at 5:45 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Thank you ladies. I will go to urgent care today. My DH says it is infected.
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Er for sure
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If I had green pus coming out of an opening on my body I wouldnt need to ask someone on the net what to do.
    Anonymous

• Thanks Anon - Sorry I am not as perfect as you are. Besides if I was, you wouldn't be so special. Now, since you are so perfect - why don't you go spread your perfection somewhere else. Take your nasty gram somewhere else. Ok pumpkin?
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2010