any oklahoma mommies out there help please no bashing adult content

i have a 27 year old niece who is scared to give birth in the state of arkansas because she smoked a little puff of mary jane and is hell bent on going to oklahoma to deliver and no one close to her can seem to talk her out of it, she really is a good person and had a momentary bad judgement, im worried that they will do a manditory drug test and take her baby do they do that in oklahoma? (please no bashing you have no idea what my poor niece has been through)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• First of all.... i am an ex pot head... sooooo if she olny smoked a lil bit and didn't smoke all day long every day for days by the time the baby is born she should be fine.. drink plenty of fluids to flush out her system.. also tell her to stop stressing ,ost states as someone said before don't give a hoot about canabis.. it's the hard core drugs.. andddddd if they do test the baby good luck testing positive the baby would have only gotten trace amouts of it in his/her system.. tell her NO MORE SMOKIN THE WACKY TABACKY!!! and stay away froom people who do it! they are not real friends ;(.. good luck to her hopefully she has learned a lesson from this ;)
    Anonymous

• louise you don't have to be so cold hearted about it.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:15 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• there are ways to get it out of your system.... i dont know over there but over here in oregon they cant take a baby away just from that... but if she drinks alot of cranberry juice it will leave her system... I wish you guys luck and hope this helps....
    Navymommy1

Answer by Navymommy1 at 5:37 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I have never heard of mandatory drug tests. I don't think they care about pot. They are looking for serious drugs.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Do they do drug tests when giving birth in any state? I've never heard of this before.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear that she smoked pot while she was pregnant...how recent was this? Drinking lots of water will help. I know here in Michigan they test the babies first poop, every baby. I don't see them taking her baby if she has a little in her system but they might have her take a drug class or something and do random drug tests.
    LindsayLL

Answer by LindsayLL at 7:31 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• oh and she is 37w 2d pregnant
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:05 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would google it. How long ago did she do it? if it was a few hits and that was it for a while then she can clean herself out and she will be fine.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:08 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• confusedfrustratedi did google it but cant get any definate answers i hear stuff from people in other states but none pertaining to oklahoma which is what we need to know...

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• thank you anon
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010