Since my son started school this year i've been wanting to work part time but they all ask me for a resume, how do I make one?

Any websites that teach you how to make a resume, any examples you can give me, I have no idea how to make one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• I do career and job search coaching. I never charge CafeMoms for my services. I will be happy to help you learn how to write a resume. First, make a list of every job you have had, all volunteer work you have done, your computer skills, and your education beyond high school (include any certifications you have received along the way. For the jobs and volunteer positions, list your responsibilities, tools you used, and what you accomplished/the difference you made. Think of one or two sentences that describe what kind of employee you are, and where you want your career to go.

When you have this list together, send me a message, and I will help you with the formatting and with the structure.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Google resume.
    There is a person on Good Morning America - ABC that helps with that. Go to their website and see what you can find.
    Go to the library.
    Call your local employment agency.
    See if there is a women's center at your local college.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:17 AM on Nov. 22, 2010