Can't find a answer-How do you get rid of.....

I get this little red bumps on the back of my harms and on the front & back of my thighs. It's not a rash, I remember reading some where that it was ingrown hairs. How do you get rid of them?

aitson

Asked by aitson at 6:17 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• The condition you describe is called "Keratosis Pilaris". It's unsightly, but not serious. Google it & you will find a ton of information about it. I noticed I developed it after menopause & nothing I did got rid of it, until I bought a lotion with Urea in it. Currently the lotion I use is "Gold Bond Cracked Heel & Foot Cream". it's lists Urea as it's 2nd ingredient, which means it's got enough Urea in it to actually help. I orginally bought it on the advice of a compounding pharmacist for the slight exzema on my hands, which would cause my fingers to get very dry & crack. He said it would heal them & it did! On a whim I treid it on my Keratosis Pilaris on the backs of my arms & thighs, & it was gone in less than a week. I now use it every day & so far it has not come back. There are many lotions out there with Urea, but I prefer the "Gold Bond Cracked Heel & Foot Cream" brand, as it has no petroleum in it. I buy it at Walmart
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 7:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Thank you so much for asking this question!!! I have tried everything. The weirdest thing I've tried was Bag Balm which is for cow udders which didn't work. My skin on my limbs are sooo parched even though I drink water constantly. I have even tried taking vitamin E pills to cure from the "inside". It didn't help. I gave up a while back. But now I have hope again!!! THANK YOU RubyinPA. I will let yall know if it works :)
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 6:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010