Has anyone bought there little girl a tool kit?

My dd is 20months and she likes the tools my dad uses when he fixes thing and i was thinking about getting her a tool kit. she got girly stuff for christmas but i think this would be good for her too. anyone do this for their daughter?

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 7:46 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I plan to have my girl have one . Right know she is 11 months old . I think she should know that she can play with boy toys as well as girls. When she get about 2-4 I know she will be with the boys under the car with daddy when he gose to change the oil and I like that. I want her to be independent and know what is what about a car.. But she will have her girl toys as well..
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 7:50 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• that is the way i look at it. i want her to have the best of both worlds and be able to fix things too. i think she will love playing with it anyways.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 7:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It is a great idea. Just like little boys should have play kitchens, etc. Enjoy!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:53 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would do it :-) In fact, I HAVE done it - both the letting my dd play with tools, etc, and my ds play with kitchens and stuff.

By the way, my ds will be 18 in Jan and he's a very macho guy into sports, scouts, etc, and is handy with tools - who is also gentle with kids and can cook (as well as do laundry, dishes, etc). My dd is 16 and is also athletic, as well as "girly" and feminine and one of her favorite hobbies is baking and experimenting in the kitchen. She also can mow the grass, use the snow blower, and do household repairs (and even has her own tools - her favorite is a hammer with a pink paisley pattern on the handle - but it's a real, functioning hammer that she uses).

So, get her the tools and let her go at it :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:43 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I get whatever my children are interested in at the moment. I will never exclude her from tools, trucks, cars, hot wheels, sports, nascar, etc..., and fishing because it is a "boy thing"....I think any child should be able to enjoy whatever they want they are just toys and will grow out of most things when they get a bit older anyways...like girls with monster trucks and boys with barbies....but that is why they made ken lol.... ^.^
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• thanks. At least i am not alone in this. I use to play with cars and such and played with dolls. i agree. i love the girly stuff but i love putting things together too. i am going to get it . i think she will love it.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2010