Do you believe the saying Don't shoot the messenger??

My husband had me call his mother late in the day to go out shopping and she was really angry and said no righ taway. I had no idea until he told me to call. Then he invited her over and she reluctantly showed up in pjs and half asleep so quiet. My mom wants me to explain that her son never told me until he told me to make the call. Wht should I do?
a) ignore the issue
b)say something that I know will backfire and put me on the hot seat?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• yes I do
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 8:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would say something about being uncomfortable.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:28 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'd just tell her to talk to her son

Answer by admckenzie at 8:44 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would say something, that just isn't fair. But..don't be surprised if she's still pissed at you anyway/ They always tend to take their son's side no matter what. But it's worth a try. Just give a sincere apology and tell her you had no idea until right before you called
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Then after I explain I get OK, my name, I have to go. click. I am so done with being a doormat....
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 9:10 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I wanted to answer this question - but my blond is coming through - I seem to be more confused by the text than I should be I'm sure.

You had no idea what?? I'm thinking maybe you were going shopping and at the last minute DH said "hey call my mom to go with you".... is that right?? Then he asked her to come over for a while ( just because he wanted her to come over)?? I don't get why she came over in her pajamas unless she was beckoned to come right away....

If the gist that I think I get is the right gist - then yeah, I'd certainly tell her that I wouldn't have called her at the last minute , but that he insisted. I don't think it's throwing DH under the bus to let him explain to Mommy why he thought it necessary to call her over at the last minute.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 9:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2010