What is the natural clock of your teen?

Left to their own devices my teens stay up late and get up late. Except my youngest who goes to bed early and sleeps late? What is up with that? She sleeps more than any person I have ever met.
So what do yours do?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 8:39 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Teens need a lot of sleep. Mine went to bed at 9 PM and could sleep til noon.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:41 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Our eldest, 14, goes to bed at 9:30 and say's it takes him forever to fall asleep. He could sleep until noon though. I don't get it. I guess because by the time he does fall asleep, he's not getting a full night, so by morning he's exhausted...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:45 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My 16 yr old dd goes to bed pretty early most nights, by her choice. She doesn't sleep way late usually (if left on her own), but she would sleep in. My almost 18 yr old ds would stay up late and would sleep late if given the choice. He's more a night owl.

But, overall, both of them do sleep a lot more than adults, or even than they did as kids. Which is understandable, because I read somewhere that, because of the amount of physical change going on with them, teens actually do need more sleep. It also talked about how ironic that is, since so many of them like to stay up late, etc...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My teen went to bed at 10 and woke up at 6 in the morning
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My daughter does the SAME thing & it makes me nuts on a daily basis. The only thing us moms can do is wake them up at a normal time & MAYBE that will teach them to go to bed earlier at night
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 3:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• my 20 year old son goes to bed late but he wakes up early for school, my 15 year old son goes to bed early and wakes up early and so does my 9 yr old daughter
    juju40

Answer by juju40 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My 17 y/o gets up early for school but he goes straight to sleep as soon as he gets in at four and will sleep until nine and go back to sleep at 11. My 19 y/o old also has to get up early for week but on days he doesn't work he sleeps until noon and goes to bed at 11.
    chickychatter

Answer by chickychatter at 7:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My sd stays up until 1 or 2 am. We make her turn the tv off, but we can't make her fall asleep. I usually wake her up around 9, but if I let her sleep, I think she would all day. There have been days where she is still asleep at 11.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• my oldest go's to bed early and wake up 7am ,the other on 17yr sleeps all day and wake all night my 21yr daughter goes to bed about 11pm and hubby in bed 11pm as well i go to bed at 3 am and wake up 8am
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:11 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• When in high school in there rooms by 10 or 11 if they didn't have work. Once in collage I leave it up to them. And yes up till 2 am sleep till noon if no school or work! Ah don't you remember those days?
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 25, 2010