Have you ever.........

had to take your kids to a daycare where you dont know that person that well? This lady is a referral from a good friend, who actually takes her 2 kids there...BUT I am still SO SO nervous b/c I dont know her personally! How did you deal? Advise please!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes. I reccommend you stop it without warning during the first week. I twill ease your fears.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:06 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Before sending my kids to any day care I would scout out the place for myself not relying on someone else's experience.

Answer by older at 9:06 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My husband picks up the kids...at the same time every day. I am sure he will get off early on Wed..since it's a holiday week...so we just wont tell her. That's a good idea. Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We did scout the place out..last week. And we like her, and the place. It's just the part that I dont know her personally thing...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I agree with older. You should do your own research, get background checks, and call references that the daycare center gives you. You can never do enough when it comes to your children. At least IMO.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• id check em out for myself first
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It's nervewracking to leave your children with someone you don't know well. I agree with the other moms to check the place out, call some other references, and drop in unexpectedly to see how things are going.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I am always so nervous the first time I leave my son with someone new for the first time. Even though I always do background checks, references and interviews, I STILL am so paranoid! Usually for me, after the first or second time I leave and come back, I feel better. Then the next time isn't so bad. It gets better with time.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2010