santa?

Do you tell your kids there is a santa? If so why? you know Jesus was the reason for christmas it is his birthday. What do you think? If you don't beleive in Jesus why do you celebrate christmas? God bless you all

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• My son is 8months and when he gets big anuff im not going to tell him about santa cause he needs to know what christmas is really about.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You need to get the book "the kneeling santa" It's perfect for this.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i tell my kids their is a santa but i was told that when i was a kid but my son is 5 and he knows now there is no suck thing its all mommys doing my daughter still believes in him tho and shes 3
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• In all reality Jesus wasn't born on Dec. 25. I do not believe in Jesus or God, but I do celebrate Christmas, and Santa Claus. My son is only three and has some "learning disabilities" and still doesn't understand the whole concept of Santa or Christmas. I am sure when he is older and understands better we'll tell him how we feel and believe and let him choose how he wishes to celebrate.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 7:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• How do you not believe in god?
    Dont you want your child to belive in god?
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 7:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Because many of us are not of the Christian faith. There are many many beliefs on here from Christian to Atheist.  My family and I are Pagans and we celebrate Yule and Santa Claus

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• How do you not believe in god?

I don't believe in God because science makes more sense to me. My child can believe what ever he wants to believe. My husband believes in God, there for our son will learn what we both believe and what other believe and be able to make his own decision. I will support him whichever way he decides to believe.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 7:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I dont think I could not belive in god. Ever.
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 7:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My kids believe in Santa but not Jesus. Christians don't have a monopoly on December holidays. We celebrate because it is more of a cultural thing then a religious one. Santa (with the red suit and jolly laugh and all that) was invented by American department stores to increase sales. Christmas, with the tree and twinkly lights and ornaments (the same ones I remember putting on the tree as a child 25 years ago) and cookies and brightly wrapped presents is just fun. For us it has nothing to do with Jesus or god (they don't usually get mentioned at all except to say that other people believe in them).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

And that's for you to decide I have nothing against you or anyone else who believes, and I shouldn't because that's not my decision. I am happy, as you are. I support my husband and his beliefs I have gone to church with him and his family. But I will not go on my own, and my husband understands and is fine with my beliefs.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 7:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2008