When do I or did you stop?

Myhusband and I decided to get back on the pill after 3years of trying. I have tried everything under the sun except the last resort IUI or IVF. He told me to try for at least 2 to 3 month s then try and get pregnant. Did that work for anyone and when did you stop?

DeeDee104

Asked by DeeDee104 at 9:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I was on the pill when I got pregnant. I hadn't been taking it at the same time each day because I was on swing shift. I had only been on swing for 2 weeks when I got a positive.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I think that your mind plays dirty tricks on you when your goal is a baby, you inadvertently have this anxiety in the back of your mind that works against you. If I were you I would not stop if this is your goal, it took me 5 years to get pregnant with my first, and once I got a puppy to take away my anxiety, it happened, don't give up, it will happen eventually.

Answer by older at 9:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I agree with older.. don't give up, but maybe stop trying so hard. As for the plan with the pill, this doesn't always work. Infact some women handle the pill different ways and you could end up messing up your cycles that way. I can certainly understand how your feeling, 3 years is a long time but it will be worth it when it happens. Have you both been checked to see if everything is "functioning" properly?
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:19 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It took me 9 months to get pregnant after 3 months on birth control to "regulate" my cycle. It didn't really help. As soon as I went off of the birth control my cycles went NUTS. I would DEFINATELY suggest charting when you do go off.

My sister on the other hand ovulated a week after going off of her birth control that she'd been on for 6 months and got pregnant right away so everyone is different.

Charting is going to be key though because otherwise you won't know what's going on if things change up a bit in your cycle when you go off of the birth control.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• yes older is right. you are trying to hard. stop trying and just have fun. Good luck
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I saw on the today show a few days ago that statistically it takes 104 times of trying before a couple gets pregnant. And also I have always been told, heard and experienced that when you stop trying you will get pregnant.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 1:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I understand how you are feeling. We tried for almost 3 years, had the tests done which showed we had unexplained infertility (which doesn't really help because it just means that they have no medical evidence to show them 'why' we weren't getting pregnant), and chose to adopt our 2 children to have a family. We love them so much and have had them both since they were infants so truly a blessing!
    But, I still hadn't given up 'TTC' on our own either but with being busy with 2 children and working my mind wasn't so focussed on getting pregnant anymore. 9 years later, we got pregnant (this past March) but sadly, I m/c in June (chromosomal anomaly- there was nothing that could've been done differently. It was nobody's fault. We are told that if we got pregnant, we should be able to get pregnant again)
    So we have been TTC for the past 4 months, and I am charting now and paying attention to what my body is telling me to help
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 3:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• time intercourse. We have said that we will try for a couple more years as we are in our mid thirties now and don't want to be still trying for much later in our lives than that.
    We just know that if it doesn't happen for us by then, then it isn't meant to be for our family to have a 3rd. Everyone is different and you have to try to set attainable goals for you and your SO to go by so that you are doing what you can, in the alloted time that you give yourself to go for it! Best of luck to you!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 3:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• yeah i believe thats true when you stop trying or weren't trying to begin with is when you get pregnant my ex-fiance and i tried for a year after 2 miscarrages we gave up and then i get with my most recent boyfriend while on the pill and he gets me preggers
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2010