freaking out here =(

ok im finally going to the doctor today. ive been sick since around november 1st and it keeps coming and going but ive stayed with green snot and a deep, wet cough the whole time. i have felt okay for a week though, but today i feel yucky again. my throat is sore today deep down at the bottom, where salt water gargling won't reach it. im coughing up nasty globs of green snot, like quarter size. im afraid whatever i have might be passed antibiotics and ill have to go to the hospital or something, which is very inconvenient considering i have 3 kids to take care of! have you ever heard of these symptoms before and what they might be? im hoping its just a nasty upper respiratory infection and not early signs of pneumonia =(

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like an Upper Respiratory infection. You might be passed the easy "zithromax" prescription, though, and needs something a little stronger. My youngest DD is just getting over something similar. She's been on Amoxicilyn for the past week. Last year I had the same symptoms you are describing and by the time I went to the doc (about 2 weeks into it) I found out it was pneumonia. I got a chest x-ray to confirm and then a big fat shot of antibiotics in the hiney! I also had oral antibiotics for 2 weeks and a follow up x-ray 10 days later to make sure it was gone - and it was! No hospital needed - but I tell ya, I sure did wanna die! It took me about 3 months to finally get all my energy back - so whatever you have, take some time to rest whenever you can! Hope you feel better soon :-)
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 9:59 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sounds like an upper respitory infection. Hospitialization isn't really a concern for you. Just probably some high power anti-biotics
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:42 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yeah, it just sounds like a respiratory thing to me. I hope that's all it is!

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• oh and i can also "taste" the infection every time i cough. it's a horrible taste!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• it ended up being bronchitis, will start antibiotics today and hopefully be ready to pig out by Thanksgiving=)

thank you all!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2010