Supporters of the new TSA patdowns: How does humiliating bladder cancer survivors keep you safe?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40291856/ns/travel-news/

A retired special education teacher on his way to a wedding in Orlando, Fla., said he was left humiliated, crying and covered with his own urine after an enhanced pat-down by TSA officers recently at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

SuperChicken

Asked by SuperChicken at 9:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Or how about the breast cancer survivor who feared the radiation and was made to pull out her prosthetic breast and show it to a TSA employee? Or what about another breast cancer survivor who had her prosthetic breast groped, then moved from left to right and was humiliated?

Is it just me, or are these employees on a huge power trip and acting very insensitively towards their passengers?

Here's the link...sorry I don't know how to make it a clicky one.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40278427/ns/travel-news
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:34 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• What is YOUR proposal for a system where there will never be a problem?

The Israeli system, though I don't know why I'm bothering since it's been mentioned at least a dozen different times this weekend, with links explaining exactly what it is, and you ignore it EVERY SINGLE TIME no matter who sends you there.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:33 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Seriously, I was discussing this incident with my parents last night, and I feel SO horrible for this person. That is so sad!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:30 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• "But if this country is going to sacrifice treating people like human beings in the name of safety, then we have already lost the war.”

YEP..that poor man how damn humiliating
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:56 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• “And every time I tried to tell them about my medical condition, they said they didn’t need to know about that.” see what I mean about no medical training. Let the TSA hire RN's at least one available per shift and pay them what they are worth. Then you will see the behavior of the rest of the immature flunkies improve. This is like a fraternity hazing and the monkey's are in charge. How the heck can they not have a private room to go to? Explain to me how the TSA can afford x-ray machines, but can't come up with a decent place to strip search people. Just admit it is a strip search and put the proper accommodations into effect.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:40 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• That poor man has been all over our local news. What is this country coming to??
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I must be emotional because I kind of want to cry after reading that. How horrible!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:37 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

.................................................................................................
    Like said above The Israeli system and also they can use dogs. That would be way cheaper, and no one touches you!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:01 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• LoveMyDog

Even if they did hire RNs, no one (not even your doctor) has the authority to touch you without permission, and must stop when told to do so or face criminal charges.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It's like taking a wal-mart employee and giving them a badge

Actually TSA has about as much legal (Constitutional) authority as mall security. So imagine mall security doing this to you and maybe you'll get an idea of just how outrageous this is.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 22, 2010