14 yr old. 13 yr old. 3 yr old.

So, all of my kids are home this week for Thanksgiving vacation.

We're so tired of seeing them sitting around doing nothing all day. What are some things they can do?

They don't like going outside and playing anymore, somehow my 13 year old out-grew that over night. 3 year old needs to be supervised when out there. 14 year old, pretty much would rather watch movies and be lazy.

HEEEEELP! I need to get these kids up and moving!!

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Clean the house for you.

Answer by louise2 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It's hard with kids that far apart in age - I have a spread from 4 month to 13 years so I can sympathize! A natural science museum, planetarium, lake with walking trails, library?

Answer by missanc at 9:34 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My oldest is only 10 but if they are being really lazy I break out the bucket o' suds and tell them they can either go outside or wash the walls. Either way they are up and moving, lol. Okay, not so much in the winter because it's cold and it sucks to sit around and do nothing in the cold. In the winter as long as they aren't driving me insane I'm good...if that means they sit around and watch TV all day I'm okay with it. Usually. It really depends on how long they've been sitting around doing nothing. We have a Wii, though, so I can always tell them to turn that on and play Wii Sports for exercise.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I wish I could borrow your 13 & 14 year olds to help me drag all the Christmas decorations down from upstairs & then help me put up the tree, put on the lights & decorate!!! If you did not decorate yet, now would be a great time since you have help! It is a nearly impossible task for me to do alone with my Son who just turned 4! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:56 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We are going to do some much needed shopping then I'm taking them to the $1.50 movies. We'll hit the library tomorrow and they will lounge around and read for most of the week.

I know my 11 & 12 yr olds also have homework. They will work on that this morning while I'm at parent/teacher conferences.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:06 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I have a two 17year olds,one 11,one 4, and two 2 yearolds living in my house.I shut off the TV in my house and tell them there is no electronics until my house is clean, you know haw fast my kids are willing to clean know. Granted they didnt like it at first, and actually they even took my youngest one out to play for a bit just to avoid cleaning. LOL! Most of the time now they decide to clean up a bit. I can still get them to help out with the littlier one often though. Its a wonder what your kiddos will do for something that they want to do. Remember who is in charge and take that position.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Force them. Take a walk at a park, visit the zoo, heck, walk the mall. Just get up and get moving. Bake a holdiay treat together, play board games with them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:26 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• whats around u?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010