Who else LOVES going to a b day party just before Christmas buying season?

Went to one for my cousins little one last night (her daughter just turned 2). Loved to see what everyone got her and how my kids reacted! I know now that Colin is getting a Fur Real Kitty! He fell in love with it! Snuggling, kissing and petting it! Too CUTE! We need more plastic shoes and maybe a softy couch too!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 9:33 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• UGH...my DD's bday is 10 days after Christmas as it is. My dads wifes dd got married the weekend before Christmas one year...yeah, cause no one is busy that time of year...sheece!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I really don't mind the sales, but hate to go out for them. People are crazy, then if it snows, none of them can drive. It's like no one remember's what to do from the previous year. I live in a college town, so there are a lot of inexperienced drivers out. I actually feel bad for kids who have to share their birthday with the holidays. It's so busy, and many kids have their birthday parties, but there is usually an even every weekend with one of the families for us.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 10:31 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i kinds feel bad for kids when they bdays are this time of year....my nephew is the day before xmas and every gift is a combo for both bday/xmas so i think he gets jipped every year and make a point to purchase he 2 gifts.......and he really has never had a bday party that wasn't also an xmas get together.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My younger son's birthday is the 13th and I always get him separate presents *unless* he asks for something really expensive. When I host his parties, I always let the other parents know they can use that couple of hours to relax or run some errands or do some of their last-minute Christmas shopping without a kiddo in tow. 99.9% of them take me up on it immediately.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:19 AM on Nov. 22, 2010