Does anyone have a roblem trying to get thier kid/kids to sleep in thier own bed????

I have a 3 1/2 yr old and I've moved alot or been away from home alot with my son so since he was little he has for the most part slept in the same bed with me. But now since we have settled and my husband doesn't deploy much anymore i'm trying to work harder on getting him to sleep in his own bed. He will for about 2 hrs then wakes on the dot and says he is scared to sleep in his bed wants to sleep with me and dad. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can get him in his own bed and get him to sleep through the night????

USMC_wife_0809

Asked by USMC_wife_0809 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son just turned 4 and we have the SAME problem! He use to sleep just fine until this year. He went to come into our room one night and fell down our stairs. Since then he has to sleep with us! He always says their is something in his room. I am tryen to find a race car bed for him hoping that will help him sleep in his room. Let me know if you find anything that helps! I need help too! Good luck to you!
    rbade

Answer by rbade at 9:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Ya i Just bought him a twin bed and got him out of the toddler bed. So waiting to see how he does with that. I'll let ya know and if u fig. anything out post here or let me know and we can help each other out cause i'm lost, lol.
    USMC_wife_0809

Answer by USMC_wife_0809 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Mine has a prob with that as well. What i do is let him fall asleep in my bed or where ever he falls asleep(sometimes he falls asleep while playing on the floor) and put him in his bed. he will wake but once again when he falls asleep i put him back in his bed some times he will stay there and sumtimes he refuses. but thats the best i can come up with. Hope it helps.
    tripper1305

Answer by tripper1305 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• He is in a twin bed. We are going to build him a train bed frame for Christmas hoping this will help. I let him pick out what frame he wanted but before we built it he had to start sleeping in his bed. He slept in his bed lastnight. Also, a friend told me to take a chair and put it near their bed. Sit in it until they fall asleep. Then each night move the chair back further away from the bed. You can try that. But so far the NEW COOL bed frame is worken! We'll see how tonight goes!
    rbade

Answer by rbade at 10:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Ya I tried the new bed thing as well and the first night he wasn't sure bought it, but then last night an hour before bed we laid there watching cartoons together and read a few books and he started to like his new bed and how much more room he had. He was def. excited to see the dog could sleep at his feet cause his bed was bigger than his toddler bed. I also went out yesterday to get him some new sheets for his bed and let him pick out which ones he wanted like themes. He ended up picking out the hungry caterpillar ones and he was so excited jumped in bed and loved it.

And so all this seems to have worked so far for me cause he fell asleep in his bed last night woke up once but came into our room without whining and asked me to come lay down with him and after 5 mins he passed back out and stayed there til this morning.

So I hope this helps any of you and I appreciate all the help u guys gave me.
    USMC_wife_0809

Answer by USMC_wife_0809 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2008