Does this quote make anyone else think of the new TSA procedures?

"Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Sorry, yes, another TSA post, but this is my first. I just find this all to be SO wrong, and I'm actually amazed to see, for once, some of the same women who usually disagree on everything on CM agreeing on something for once.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 9:38 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes it does. It is a quote that should have been taken more serious in this country for the past few years.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:41 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It is an excellent quote and it applies to many things besides the TSA issue...which happens to be hot right now. I wonder when we will stop simply rolling over?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• And actually even though I am one of the people you hate right now because I am for these procedures ( I do think they can be improved on, but in general I am for them) I am also one who believes in standing up for what you believe in. So instead of you sitting here complaining about it on CM, maybe you should take some actions. Write a petition, sign a petition, post on the pentagons website, write the president over and over again. CM can not change what is happening, spend you time trying to change it if you are this much against it..
    ___
    actually have done all this. Talking about it on CM gets more people involved. Talking about it is part of the solution
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:28 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I have written that quote many times, no cares, they think they are being kept safe. And us who read and understand what is going on know that is B.S!!!!!!!!
    It is sad how people are easily fooled, just by being told lies. The truth in their face and they can't see it.

I have alway asked how can all those Jew's go in the trains without fighting? will now I know, people just assume the government is going the right thing,( they can never hurt us). 6-million died. Lets not forget, if it happen before it can happen again.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Terrorist will always have help from the inside, these screening processes is just for us to give us a false since of security and cancer of course.
    But most of all to see how the sheep react, if we fight back or not.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:11 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I did not realize that other folks can't do more than one thing at a time..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I Posted the same quote over and over about the Patriot Act, the WARS...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:46 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yes. Good quote. I don't think these screening processes WILL last forever. There is too much public outcry, people who don't have to fly won't, there will be too many lawsuits. Hopefully, the gov will be smart enough next time to NOT bailout these idiots. It is a false sense of security. There is a higher risk of the plane crashing from mechanical problems than a terrorist being on the flight. Yet, they haven't changed the way they do flight checks. You are also more likely to be bitten by a shark or struck by lightning, but people still swim and go out in the rain.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Money does talk, so we are going to LA, but not going though any airport the uses the X-rays.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I have alway asked how can all those Jew's go in the trains without fighting? will now I know,

I so agree with you on that. It is becoming crystal clear.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:38 AM on Nov. 22, 2010