few questions about the mini pill

ok so the doc gave me a script for the mini pill after i had my dd since im breastfeeding. i havent filled it yet but plan to take it till my 6 week pp checkup. after that i wanted to get back on the patch but was told it could dry up my milk,so im think bout the iud(but taking it out b4 the 5 years,i dont wanna wait that long)

anyways my question is: how soon after delivery did u start BC? and how long after starting the mini pill is it ok to stop using comdoms?

doosti

Asked by doosti at 7:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i started six weeks after delivery and we had to use a condom for the first week
    Anonymous

• i started the mini pills when i went for my postpartum checkup and i havent used any condoms. just be careful and take them the same time everyday. if you forget, try to not have sex for 2 days after!!!
    danimama308

Answer by danimama308 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• It sometimes depends on the kind of pill, usually the doctor has you start taking the pills at the begining of your first period after the baby is born. Then you have to take the pills until you finish the pack, then you have a period, then you are suppose to be SAFE then.
    motherof62554

Answer by motherof62554 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I started taking the mini pill the day of my 6 week pp check-up. My OB recommended using a "back-up method" until I had finished an entire pack of pills. Also, my OB said that you won't have a period on the mini pill, just ocassional spotting. That makes me nervous, because how would you know if you are pregnant or not if you aren't having a regular cycle...? Anyhow, just make sure you take it at the same time like mentioned earlier. I have an alarm set on my phone so I don't forget.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2008