Does anyone feel rushed at the doctors?

My son had his well visit the other day. And I felt so rushed by the doctor. I hate when you can tell that they are trying to you get in and out. I had a whole list of questions and felt I had to rush through them. Has anyone else felt this way before?

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wasn't at the doctor but was at the ER last night with an allergic reaction the doctor came in and check my heartbeat and said you having a reaction to the meds you taking and left. He wasn't there for a good two minutes. I was piss.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 9:54 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• well, when the doctor has 2 minutes and 10 seconds with each patient
    YES, it is like the lightening round of a game show with questions
    better have them all written down so you do forget, and for me- i like to know what i think is wrong in the first place-counts down on the doc having to think-that takes too much time up
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:54 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Everytime I go into the doctors! I have a list of questions and if i dont get them out while i have his attention they dont get addressed =P Got to be quick and dont waste too much time thinking in the office! I'm thinking thats just the way it is.. they have so many people they are trying to take care of. they dont have time for lulls in the appointment. But you arent alone.
    NewMommie333

Answer by NewMommie333 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Very rushed and I know I am not getting the care that is needed. I do not know what to do about it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:57 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• No, nt really, but oyr doctors are military, they get paid the same no matter how long they take!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sometimes, but I usually have questions written down so I don't forget them, and that helps. She usually asks if there's anything else to address before we leave and I look at my list to see if I missed anything important. Honestly, sometimes our appointments actually take a while if she and I get really chatty, because we're both FAST talkers. My DH just sits there in dismay watching us back and forth, so I think he sometimes feels overwhelmed by the amount of information we cover in less than 15 minutes more so than feeling rushed through the appointment. It might give him a feeling of being rushed, even though it's just that we're covering a lot of stuff in a short amount of time. If you feel rushed every time you're in there (and not just their busiest days), it might be good to find another doctor.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• sometimes yes
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• we go to a family practice with multiple doctors, and i have noticed that different doctors are different, some are rushy, some are not, it also makes a difference what time of day we are there. i have 2 favorites, one is rushy but really good and will return my call herself if i call with a question, the other one almost spends too much time with us and knows my husband's entire family history but will have a nurse call back if i call with a question. i kind of get the best of both worlds i guess.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 12:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yes I have and switched doctor's because of it.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010