I need help getting my children gifts for christmas.....

I'm starting to worry about Christmas, I have a 3 year old son, a 1 1/2 year old son, and a 3 month old daughter. My husband is the only one out of the two of us that's working because honestly we can't afford daycare for all 3 of them and I can't find a job that would pay enough. We've always somehow made it and made sure our kids had a decent Christmas but this year were completely broke. We're behind in all our bills and having problems even paying rent. I don't know what were going to do and am not looking forward to seeing there disappointed faces on Christmas. So what I'm asking is does anyone know a place I can go that can help me get them gifts? I live in Thornton, Colorado. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.

kaylaylshfr

Asked by kaylaylshfr at 9:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• The age of your kids, they will not be disappointed with less. Keep them away from kids that are getting over the board amounts. You are the one that know the difference not them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:54 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• sorry, im in the same boat as you. 3 kids and im a sahm also with hubby bringing in all the income. also struggling to pay bills and rent.

it's a little late now, but you could've done layaway at kmart. maybe keep this in mind for next year, they payment plans are 8 weeks so try and do it atleast 8 weeks before Christmas. that's what i did and my total in my cart was $150 for all 3 with 2 birthdays included (one is 2 weeks before Xmas and one is 2 weeks after!) and paid about $36 every 2 weeks. fit very nice into our budget.

check out your local consignment shops, they have everything from toys to clothes at very affordable prices. everything's gently used and in good condition. good luck though and just remember Christmas isn't about receiving or giving it's about family =) your children are still young and they won't be upset if they don't have a tree full of gifts
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Can you ask your family and friends to help? And honestly your kids are pretty young so I'm pretty sure they won't be too disappointed. It sounds like it might bother you more than them.
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 9:57 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'm not sure of where to direct you for help, but I do wish you the bet. Maybe you could make your oldest "coupons" for things, like days at the park, his choice for dinner, movie night with his choice of a movie etc., and explain it to him. At that age, you could even buy second-hand toys, clean them up well, and for all he'd know, they'd be new. I hope it all works out for you, hon!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:58 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Thanks you guys for the comments, K Mart is a good idea lol wish I would have thought about that sooner. I don't have any family so that doesn't really help. We just moved where we are so not much to go on, on the friend side. I really don't think they'll be to bothered with not getting much especially my two younger one's. lol my daughter isn't gonna know whats going on let alone be disappointed. My 3 year old just started school though and I'm a lil worried about him. We can't afford to get a tree right now, hopefully we will sometime before Christmas. Anyway thanks all for taking the time to read and comment.
    kaylaylshfr

Comment by kaylaylshfr (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would just go to the dollar store & buy a few things for the 3 year old & one or two things for the 1 1/2 year old. The 3 year old is the only one who really knows it's Christmas. Buy a few hotwheels type cars, plastic dinosaurs & playdough and wrap them in seperate boxes in all sizes. They'll just be happy to unwrap boxes! Do you have family members that buys gifts for the kids? If you do then you don't have to buy anything! They are all so young that they will forget by the next day. Don't fret too much! Just be happy that you are all together & you all are healthy. God bless & know that you are not the only one in this situation. Best wishes :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:05 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Check with the Red Cross, they have sponsors for Christmas...also check with crisis in your area they have a set time when to come sign your kids up for Christmas. In my area it was two weeks ago. It may be different where you are but check.
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Also, have you gone to your local Church? I know a family who has 9 kids here locally and they get an entire Thanksgiving dinner & Christmas dinner plus new toys for all the kids & the husband happens to have a great job by the way! I think people who really need it should come first! I would call the Church, ask them if they offer anything for you and then I would put all the kids in the car & go there. You deserve to be helped during the Holidays! Ask about a Thanks giving meal too! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:10 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I agree your kids are young and will be happy with whatever you give them. One year we did not have a lot of money so I took some of the baby toys we had around hte house and I wrapped them for the little one. The other kids had no idea and she loves the gifts. The dollar store is also a great place to get things. They have cloring things and samll toys that the kids love.

Remember it is about spending time with them and loving them that is what is important. I think your kids will be happy with whatever you give them. Also we have a Goodwill that I have gotten things at. The prices aren't bad and the items are good.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I don't know if it's to late but you can sign up for Toys for Tots
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:11 AM on Nov. 22, 2010