Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I had an old piece of gum in the trash. my 10 month old got ahold of it and ended up swallowing probably half of it. Should i be worried?


Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • No, I wouldn't be. Unless it was on top of raw chicken parts or something of that nature

    Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:01 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • what's done is done if she already swallowed it. hopefully it wasn't full of bacteria and germs from being in the trash, that would be my biggest concern. call her pedi and see what advice they offer. good luck!

    Answer by tnm786 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • also
    no worry until it was on raw meat or something else that could contaminate the gum

    the gum itself- no worry

    Answer by fiatpax at 10:06 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • You shouldnt have any worries kids eat things lol but if any fever chills or vomiting then there might have been some bad bacteria on it otherwise it will be fine

    Answer by becky_barber84 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • I wouldnt worry to much....Just keep an eye out to see if he gets sick....And I only say that because we dont know what the gum was sitting on top of.

    Answer by Shelii at 10:32 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • nah, i used to swallow gum all the time when i was little

    Answer by KRISTAL_WILDER at 12:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • There is nothing you can do about it now!

    Answer by mompam at 10:11 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • Thats why they go poo poo to get rid of all the toxins that dont belong in their tiny little bodies. I ate all kinds of thing when I was little. Kids are strong buggers.


    Answer by Jenaiko01 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • dk

    Answer by deevega at 1:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • wow

    Answer by deevega at 1:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010