Have you ever thought about giving up your kid(s)?

2 16 yr-old brother & sister were left in different hospitals in Nebraska and I wonder if anyone has ever been in such a jam or a state of depression that you thought for a second that it is better to abandon your kid (protected by state law)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• I've thought to myself a couple times, "I wish I would have stopped at one", but as far as giving them up, no. I could never give them up as trying as it can be at times.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 7:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Maybe she thought they would be better off for some reason. But to leave them at a hospital I think is wrong. Unless she didn't feel she had any other choice. Just MO.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• no! I chose to have my daughter and I would NEVER give her up! she is the most important thing to me and I cant stand to hear about people who give there kids up!
    chloe_romano

Answer by chloe_romano at 7:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I cannot imagine being in such dispare or so messed up that I could just leave my children. I know life is hard. I have been a single mom of 5 with no child support and on welfare while working two jobs and going to night school. We have been hungry, had every utility known to man shut off on numerous occasions, ran out of gas in the middle of the road more than once and the list goes on. It has always been the fact that we were still together that kept me going. They were the only reason I kept putting my feet on the floor every morning knowing that life was going to continue to kick me. They are my everything. I feel bad for those kids...my kids had pretty much lost it all but to lose their mom on top of it...no kid deserves that. I just wish she would have kept reaching out for help instead of doing something desperate.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Not once have we ever considered giving up our son! Nobody could take as good of care of him as we can.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• If I was in terrible circumstances I would.Like being homeless, or a drug addict...something like that.And had no one to help me. I am not in those circumstances.You never know how bad it can be for others.And being dropped off like that may be the best decision for those kids.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2008