Who thinks this might be a great idea.... ?

So I was thinking today how hard it is to get housework done with a baby. And I was thinking how great it would be to have a 'Cleaning Caravan'. A group of moms can all meet at one house and they each would have a job they could do and the house would be clean very quickly. The kids can play during and the moms can have some adult time to chat and vent and whatever. then they can leave drive to the next mom's house and do the same. Cleaning would get done so fast! And our houses would be clean every week! LOL am I dreaming?

CarlieJS

Asked by CarlieJS at 10:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yeah but they are all your friends right? where do I sign up
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:22 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• haha. My bestie and I we talking about doing that! Going over and helping each other clean every weekend. Sounds like fun. And our men are friends so they can do the yardwork together too! I think its a great idea.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sounds like a good Idea! Moms Helping Moms
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I think that it would probably work much better if you lined up child care during the time that you were doing it. I don't know about anyone else, but my kids generally make a mess in a different room while I'm cleaning. And a couple general rules should be set up. 1) The home needs to be generally picked up or that the room would be skipped. (i.e. nothing on the floor or surface area that was to be cleaned....I don't want to pick up your hubby's dirty undies).....generally cleaned meaning it shouldn't take the homeowner more that 2 min. to clean. 2) There should be a time limit in each house....I would say if there are 5 participants no more than 30-40min a house...and less if you could do it. At 40 min. a pop you would be cleaning 3.5 hours. Just a couple things to take into consideration. All in all I think it could be potentially a great idea!
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 2:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't do it.. just because some people are seriously dirty & I wouldn't be able to clean up someone's filth! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:18 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• all the transistion /moving in and out of car seats etc
    would have been a nightmare for me and my child when she was little
    still all thoise moving transistions would be a nightmare at her age now-three

without kids, this would be fine
    maybe an exchange..i come and clean your windows, and you come and do my bathroom etc
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:24 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sounds like a general good idea!? But the moms with the infants are going to take more breaks to feed and change so I could see this not lasting very long or it causing animosity because someone feels like theyre doing more work!!! OVerall though...sounds fun and pretty interesting!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• well maybe those who wanted to could find a sitter hat day. like grandma
    CarlieJS

Comment by CarlieJS (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It might work for some, but personally I would much rather listen to my two youngest boys fussing or playing than to have a room full of screaming kids that are fighting, biting, throwing toys and everything else that happens when there are so many in one space.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It's a good concept, but I hate it when people clean for me. Not that I'm a super neat freak or anything, I just prefer the way I do it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010