Since when does Christmas start the first week in November?

It actually shocks me to see people with their trees up and yard fully lit when we haven't even had turkey day yet! What's it gonna be next year, October? Everyone is Christmas shopping already,lie it's Christmas eve! I mean really, it seems like there is nothing to look forward to anymore. It would drive my kids nuts to start Christmas that early! I love the holiday season, but I prefer to do it in the season.lol

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• I ♥ Christmas.. We are going to put our tree up this weekend! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:19 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I agree. It's too early to start Christmas decorations. I think that Christmas shopping should start as early as possible, but as far as decorating .. Let's have Thanksgiving first.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:19 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• LOL we always put our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. I totally get that! But the day after Halloween? COME ON!!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Halloween does seem early. I know we usually start putting our lights up outside early to mid November because it gets so cold in Minnesota and who wants to stand outside when it's 8 degrees and blizzarding! lol. I like to have them up before all that.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'm in Minnesota, and I haven't done it yet.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i love christmas and all the fun feastives that go along with it .....but i am with OP please wait till after thanksgiving......i worked retail for 3yrs and they put up the stuff before halloween by dec 1 i was tired of looking at it......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I agree I think THanksgiving is worth enjoying and really prepping for. And Christmas can wait till after. I love Christmas but I think the commercialization of it has just made it start earlier and earlier.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:31 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• DevillnPigtails, I love your screen name! Nice!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• if we weren't moving next week, i'd already have all the outdoor lighting done (not turned on til Thanksgiving weekend, usually saturday), and i'd be clearing all the fall decor and rearranging furnishings to make way for all the xmas crap...and i have tons of xmas crap!
    i noticed xmas stuff way before halloween, in retail stores, and its been full-blown for a month already. i don't mind it though..i love xmas.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:35 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We wait until the day after Thanks Giving...it is hard at times but we feel it is important to give that holiday it's due. Seems comercially we go from Halloween to Christmas with no stop for TG.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:27 AM on Nov. 22, 2010