Padlock the fridge?

How can I stop my two year old from going in the fridge? If I don't watch him he is in there eating up all the cheese and trying to pour himself some juice. Its getting to the point that if he dont like what he is having for breakfast, lunch, or dinner he will get from the table and try to find something in the fridge. I even caught him getting out of bed at two in the morning trying to fix his self some juice. I am tired of telling him every five minutes to stay out the fridge. I need Help

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 10:35 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just tell my kids to stay out of the fridge and they listen, but my brother did get a lock for his fridge because his almost 2 year old was going in without asking.

Answer by missanc at 10:36 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• There are some childproof "locks" for fridges. You mount it above where they can reach, and even then, they can't open them. They're easy enough if you've got adult hands though. You can probably find one at a hardware store.
    Continue to communicate to your little guy that what's for dinner is what there is. Let him know the fridge is offlimits without permission, for now, and when he can show he's responsible about rating well, you'll take the lock off.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 10:40 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My dd had the exact same problem with her 2 year.old They went to Walmart and found a latch for ur fridge it works too but not to good on a side by side fridge.
    karencrouch

Answer by karencrouch at 10:41 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• The "child proof" locks dont keep them out for long. I used one for my fridge against my 2yr old. It was out of his reach but he just got a chair and after watching us open it a few times, was able to open it in the middle of the night...pad lock it. it sucks but you will wake up every morning to a mess if you dont
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We use a bunjee cord for the fridge my 2 year old was getting in it all the time
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2010