Help, sad mommy!

I have a 10 week old son, when he was first born I had the baby blues, but they went away. For whatever reason, I'm starting to feel that way again, but a little worse, I'm trying to figure out if it's me or hormones, but its making me feel sad, anxious, stressed, fearful, and weepy. I DONT have feelings of hurting myself, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen to them and if so, what did they do? And if they went to the doctors what did the doctor do for them, and how long did it take to get better? Did u have to take meds? how long?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 10:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I did feel like I had the baby blues and I wish I went to the doctor!! It is proabbly hormonal and the doctor can check you hormone levels to see if thats what it is. Dont be afraid to call up the doctor and tell them you are weepy and worried its your hormones. They hear this everyday and their is no reason to suffer thru it when you can get help for it!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It's not uncommon to feel that way again, I went through it with my son, are you going back to work? do you work full time? Are you feel overwelmed with everything?
    My son was born last year, and I had the blues after he was born, then went back to work and they got really bad, I found that I was overwelmed with everything, plus, yes your hormones are adjusting. Be patient with yourself, I ended up talking to my obgyn and she thought from discussing things with me that I was not having post partdum depression severly, and that I didn't need meds.
    It depends on each women some can come out of it right away,and others need some help.
    If you feel anything about harming yourself or your baby, that's the real concern, otherwise you could just talk to someone, or your friends or family give support, Don't worry it will get better.
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:29 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Ive had 4 kids and I went through it everytime with the baby blues (now this is only my opinion not a medical opinion) if your not a med type person there are ways to deal with it but it can be difficult you need a support group as in family friends or there are actual support groups for moms check in your area. It might be a good idea though to talk to your doctor about it cause it can get rough and get worse you might need meds for depression, I know I needed them I went through a bad depression and couldn't do it with out meds. If it gets bad your best thing to do it put the baby in a safe place and walk away for a little bit because things can spiral out of control fast with those symtoms If you go to the doctors they may put you on anti depression pills but most of them do take a few days to a few weeks to take effect so if they put you on them dont give up if they dont start working right away..dont worry it will get bet
    becky_barber84

Answer by becky_barber84 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 22, 2010