Childrens reading ages/leapfrog

Okay forgive me for not remembering the specifics. But theres a commercial on TV about leapfrog books that come with a pen type thing, you can scroll over the words and it will sound them out for you!? I think the age on that is about 3...But my son has started memorizing his books and making the noises and such and he will be two next month. Would the leapfrog pack make a good bday or Christmas present? Or would it be too early? We like to read atleast 3 of his childrens books a day?! Thanks?!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter has the Tag Jr. That's a neat thing too...you could try that. It's almost the same thing....you put the thing to the words/it reads it/pictures it'll make a game or play a song...it's pretty neat actually. I would thing the pen thing is too soon. Try looking up the Tag Jr and see what you think. It'd be more for his age.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'd just go with new books that you read to him rather than the pen thing.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:54 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My daughter LOVES it! She got it for Christmas last year..it still gets played with all the time! :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• it is the tag pen, but just so you know it does not spell or sound out words, in only says the full word that the pen is touched on. Still a great system, but I don't want you to have the wrong idea about what it does.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• O, I think I saw that Tag Jr, at Toys R Us!!
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Nov. 22, 2010