Hypothetical: What kind of husband would you rather have?

One that is a very good provider so that you don't have to work but doesn't do any housework and very minimal help with the children, or one that isn't a very good provider so that you have to work (not at a dream job, just a job) but is more helpful with the house and kids?

Isaidit

Asked by Isaidit at 11:08 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• the one that's more helpful with the kids.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 11:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• worse provider....At least this way he would have a better relationship with his children.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:10 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• 1st one

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• The second one.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:11 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'd have to say a financial provider, only because I don't mind housework and I know that his job, no matter how stressful or exhausting wouldn't completely take away time spent with the kids. He'd always be a great father. Plus it makes sense for us because we have two young children and daycare payments would be outrageous if I was to work outside the home.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• which one of these men loves my and shows his feeling with respect. which one talk to me about issues, agrees to disagree at times but fights fair and respects me even when we think differently. which one is there for me when i am feeling down and is not the reason for me feeling down. which one has a spiritual soul and has a moral backbone. which one is a man of his word, does not cheat because he knows it is something that never fixes anything, which one can i trust to be a man who acts descently even when no one is looking because he is descent and does not need to act descent because he just is

i poick that one, either way, does not matter, just the one who is descent, moral and respectful to tohers and hisself
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'd prefer to have a husband who I worked with as a partner in life... whatever 'work' that meant, be it childcare or earning or home care or whatever.

I suspect the problem in most partnerships is a lack of clarity: he assumes a lot, she assumes a lot, their assumptions are never clear even to themselves and then they wonder why they spend so much time feeling bitter and unappreciated.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Probably worse provider its hard to do it all yourself.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 11:15 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• well i have the first one....my dh dosen't always help with the kids but he sometimes does but that's okay... that's how it is where i'm from..the mama does most of the "kid work"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Worse provider... I'm not the domestic kind. I prefer to have the income.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:22 AM on Nov. 22, 2010