Can a 38 year old mother of 2, soon to be divorced woman make a life for herself and become very successful? If there are any success stories out there please share and advise this woman who does not know which way to go, but is determined not to go back.

mykidzfirst2

Asked by mykidzfirst2 at 7:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• Well, first off let me say that I am not in the same situation as you. I do however know people who are. It is defintely possible to make a full life for yourself and your child. Women are amazingly strong and can do anything that needs to get done. I admire the women I know so much because of all they have accomplished. Keep you head held high and know that you can and will make a wonderful life for yourself and your child.
    Good luck to you.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My Great-Grandmother raised four children by her self after her husband walked out on her. This was the 1930's mind you. They had a farm so she took over everything. I tell myself if she could do that than I can get through any problems I have. Good luck & Stay strong.
    momontherun32

Answer by momontherun32 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• ABSOLUTELY!!! i'm a lil younger...30, and the BEST desicion i ever made was leaving my husband of almost 11 years!last october i kicked the dick out, n november i opened my own dog grooming business, i recently decided 2 start a new business in addition to the shop, home-made dog biscuits, and i am going back 2 school 2 get my ba in education ( something i always dreamed of doing, but was always discouraged by my husband). n addition 2 i found the man of my dreams who treats me and my children like gold!!! there IS life after divorce and n many cases...LIFE starts after divorce! :)
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 9:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Absolutely! The important thing, though, is to figure out what success means to you. Set realistic goals, and hope to do even better!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• girl, you are forgetting that women do this every day! we are WOMAN, hear us ROAR! of course you can do this. what could be harder than divorcing the father of your children? ok, cancer is harder...you're healthy, right? 2 great kids, right? you can do anything you set your mind to. like another post said, be realistic, know that the road will be bumpy and sometimes slippery, but its a road, nonetheless. its another turn in your life's map..who knows what lies ahead? stay determined, strong-willed, and open to whatever life brings. enjoy today, and opportunities that come along..be that example of a strong woman and what she can accomplish, for your kids. you know they love you and think you're supermom, right? remember, also, personal fulfillment starts with you, not a man. congratulations on your new life!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Youre stronger than you think after the pain it was the best thing i ever did i was 33 and had 3 children youngest was 6months.pick yourself up and show him you can make it without him.you and youre kids will be better for it
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Ok you will survive and be successful as long as you believe in your self!! I am a single mother raising 2 kids and Ihave been on my own for amost 9 years now. My children are 9 and 12. I own my own business since August of this year but prior to that I obtained a high profile postion in the fashion/beauty industry and I traveled all over the world and worked with top designers etc. Ijust kept putting myself out there and I never let anyone tell me I couldn't do something. I owned my own home after a year of being divorced and just always looked at the glass 1/2 full never ever 1/2 empty. I rebuilt my entire life on my own with my kids and of course help from family and I know you can do it as well. Going back is not an option!! Believe in yourself!!!
    Anonymous