what do i do for my vomiting toddler?

my 3 yr old dd has been throwing up since midnight last night. i have an appt with her doc later today... but idk what to do for her. she cant even hold down water at this point. she has no interest in eating for the moment. and now she is starting to have issues w/ the other end of her body. (diareah). she's also running a low fever. but she threw up the tylenol. any suggestions will help. right now she is sleeping.

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 11:41 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would say let her SIP on gatorade or Pedialite...if she drinks alot it will come back up...also munch on a few crackers...AND LET HER REST AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE:)))
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 11:44 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Let her sleep. When she wakes, offer crackers and water or gingerale. Pediolyte is good for children who're risking dehydration too, but my son never liked the taste of it, maybe she will? GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:43 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• she has been sipping, but even the little bit she sips, it comes back up in about half an hr. idk how long it takes for kids to get dehydrated and i am concerned she is on the verge of it.
    Phippsandrea

Comment by Phippsandrea (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'd let the dr see her and see what they think...
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 11:56 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Popcicles? pedialiite?
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2010