does your child love a food item that no one else in the house/family does?

my son (age 6) is mustard crazy. We have no idea how or why he got a taste for it, since before this year we never even bought it before. He just imagined up in his head he needed to have it and now squirts it on all his veggies, meats, etc. How can they like something they've never tasted or been around? Weirdness...

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:42 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• LOL, that's funny. We have about 9 different kinds of mustards in the fridge. We are anti mayonaisse..and my granddaughter loves the stuff.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:44 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Did he have it at school? I haven't noticed my son liking something that either myself or my husband doesn't like. He does like this that most children don't like though. He is the only kid that I know that loves spinach but hates mac & cheese.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:45 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yes. My oldest child loves raw potatoes
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My son is about the only 5 yr old I know that will eat a chicken salad sandwich.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2010