What was your deciding factor on if you had another child or not?

Hubby and I are still young. We have two children as of now..and I am on the fence on if I want another one (and i know not right now, but maybe try towards the end of next year)...We always wanted to adopt a child, but physically I am trying to figure out if I want another baby! What made you decide you were finally done?

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• About 10 years ago, we were where you are now. We had a beautiful boy and girl, and enough time and money for another child. We debated, wavered, considered, reconsidered. I really can't remember why we ultimately decided to stop at two. There have been times when we've wondered what it would have been like if we had added another; but there are also times when we are glad they don't outnumber us. :-)

If faced with that question today, I think we would look most at economics and likely opportunities (or reduction of them) for all of our kids.

My teens worry about their future. We advise them to choose a field of study that will provide them with reliable employment opportunity upon graduation. When they were little, we told them college would be a wonderful chance to study any and every thing that interested them. The world has changed. Perhaps soon the pendulum will change direction.

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My deciding factor is that my oldest is 14. I had him at 19 so now that I'm 33 I finally have a bit of freedom. We also have a 9 yr old and 6 yr old. The oldest is able to babysit once in awhile, we have no diapers to change, no more potty training. So my reason is that I don't want to start all over again. Plus 3 is a great number.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:53 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I have two daughters from a previous relationship & my SO has none.. He wanted a child & he's amazing with my girls.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:53 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• groomIf I can bag myself a hubby, thats the deciding factor.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• The stress. :) We were actually only planning on two, while waiting for the V appointment we got a little surprise. LOL When we told our ped. there was going to be another he laughed (he's a parent of 3 himself) and said "You know you're outnumbered now, right?" Boy, was he right. I wouldn't trade them for the world of course, but between the three of them, work schedules, the oldest two getting into activities, etc. we are spread soooo thin. It wouldn't be fair to any of us to bring another little one into the mix. We'd love to foster down the road, but it will be DOWN THE ROAD. lol No more little ones until these three are bigger and a little more independent.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We haven't reached that point yet!! I don't know what would decide it. I guess how my other children got along with each other, and if we had the time for more or not.
    busyyoungmom

Answer by busyyoungmom at 11:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• $1,000,000
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• LMAO jena!!! Its such an overwhelming decision to make.
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• whether I could tolerate being a mom again and if I was financially ready to have another one.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Well, our deciding factor will be if I can actually get pregnant or not. We'll let fate decide.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2010