So..I had my baby shower on Sunday & I had invited 23 of my friends.... Exactly ONE showed up (the family I invited came though).. Please read & tell me what you would do.. details below..

A few of my friends that I invited are pregnant and some already have children.. and I know they will invite me to their baby shower and children's parties.. Should I go.. or just forget it since they didnt take the time to come to mine.. ?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 11:59 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• LOL oh btw, sometimes being the better person is over rated. I guess I just got tired of people constantly messaging me and hounding me to make sure I would show up at their events, but never made and effort for mine. I understand things happen, but this was constant for me. Therefore, I quietly decline to show. But that's just me. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• did they RSVP and no show?

If so, I would sweetly as possible call them and ask if everything is ok, since they didn't come as you had expected them to!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Did they at least send you gifts? I know that is not the important thing, but if they didn't send gifts, I wouldn't go to their showers either. I wouldn't stoop to their level and RSVP yes and not show, but I would seriously have a hard time going with hurt feelings. Why should you go and congratulate them on their child, when they couldn't celebrate your child?? I feel very sorry for you. Maybe you need some new friends. Are they close friends? Do they live in the same area?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If they all have FB, I would a note saying how disappointed you were that your friends that RSVPed couldnt come share your special day with you. How sad it makes you they weren't there. How much you missed them. (even if you dont mean it...if they see it, and they have any compassion they will feel bad)
    Anonymous

• That happened to me. One person showed up. It was really sad. I didn't bother going. For lots of reasons.
    This happens when we plan a big bday for the kids too. No one shows who said they would. Now we do nothing and everyone shows! Sheesh!
    We did, however have a meet the baby/bday party for our third baby after he was born, and it went over big!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would NOT be kind and tip toe around those rude Women! I would let them know. Hey, my opinion is that if you say that you are definitely coming, you go. Unless there were unforeseen circumstances. Then the person should call & let the host know that they will not attend. Period. Did everyone today just forget manners and etiquette?? That was absolutely terrible for those Women to just not show & not let you know before hand. Unless the invite was casual like "Oh by the way if you are not doing anything Sunday, then stop by". If it was an actual invite, then that was unacceptable. I would be pissed & forget them as so called friends. I would not attend their showers nor their childrens parties either. Find new friends that value your friendship because what they did shows no value for you at all. Sorry to be harsh but they stink! By the way "Happy Baby Shower" & I hope you had a great time anyway

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'd kill them with kindness, and make that phone call!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• That would hurt my feelings. Can u tactfully ask what happen you really wanted to see them? I wouldn't stoop to the same low level as they did. Just nicely say hey I really wanted to see you at the shower, hope everything was ok.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• When I had mine, I invited everyone! Friends, family, friends of the family. Everyone. My aunt that I hadn't seen in 8 years who I wasn't even sure if she knew I existed came. I was shocked. My brother ((who I was sorta close to)) and my moms best friend who I've known since I was 2 or 3 didn't show. Its funny how that works...
    Scarlet_Delilah

Answer by Scarlet_Delilah at 12:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• That was very rude of your friends & I am sorry they did that to you. Maybe you could post on your FB status thanking your family & best friend for coming to your shower & how appreciative you were to see them on your baby's special day and talk about how much fun you all had. Then you could say something about how you missed the friends who didn't show & that you hope everything is okay with them. I would leave it at that because the no-shows will know who they are & they can deal with their own consciouses. I know it hurts, but you shouldn't have to mar your special day with negative feelings because of them, y'know?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2010