When cheating, why does that person... ??

.... accuse the other of doing the cheating? Always on their back, questioning their every move? And if there's ever an inkling that they might be, they RIDE on that forever! Even when they know, deep down, that it's them doing the cheating not the other person. But why?

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Guilty conscious

zbee

Answer by zbee at 12:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It's theirown guilt they can't deal with.  This is a sign of a narcissistic personality, to blame others instead of taking responsibility.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• To turn the blame on someone else..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• They try to put the blame on someone else in an attempt to draw suspicion away from themselves. They also try to get the other person to confess to something so that they can validate why they cheated.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• strategy!

Answer by older at 12:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Because they feel guilty.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Guilt and strategy. Also, since they know what they are doing and they think they are being sneaky and getting away with it, they now read something into everything the OS is doing as the same. My husband tried that when he cheated...he brought up some time back when I was doing a lot of school work and couldn't answer the phone when he called me and I was at the library or class. I turned in on him by saying "well...if it was something that was of concern to you, you should have brought it up or followed up on it then but if you didn't then that means you didn't give a shit...now as far as you are concerned, I do give a shit about what you're doing to me, so I'm not letting up on this."
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Because they feel guilty...
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Becuase if YOU are the bad guy then they can get away with what they're doing and free that guilty consience they're living with.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My first ex DH did this to me & I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. Then one night I called him at work. Our dd was a baby and she has epilepsy. She was having a tonic clonic seizure and I needed to get her to the hospital asap. When I asked for my DH and told them it was an emergency I was informed that my DH had been fired nearly SIX MONTHS prior to this!! I was shocked and very livid! He kept up the pretense of working to continue seeing his lover who coincidentally also worked at the same place as did he and the 2 of them were caught in the act on company grounds and fired on the spot.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2010