what do you think of a family like this ?

I work in a Dr.s office ( and we do some outpatient procedures ) ...

Anyways we had young woman ( early 20s) come in to get a cyst cut out of her breast ... it wasnt that big of a deal... I mean it had an infection and if she didnt get that taken care of it could have been bad .... she has to come in every few days to make sure the hole isnt infected anymore ( she has to leave it open and just keep gauze packed in it and then have it covered ) ....

So when she came in to get the procedure done her grandma and aunt came in, I can understand that because she said she gets very queasy with blood and that they make her laugh so she would feel better during the procedure. But then her dad showed up ( he came back to see her for a minute then he stayed in the waiting room ) ....

The second time she came in, her mom brought her, and then the third time another aunt brought her ...

I mean I understand they must have a big family that is close, but this woman was around 23-24 years old was married and had kids... but she had to have people bring her to every dr.s appointment. I just think it is so odd and either she liked attention or maybe she isnt mentally a grown up yet ...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• She's scared. She just wanted someone there to comfort her.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I think it's weird that you're even wondering about this. I probably wouldn't have even noticed
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Lovely she has family she can rely on during what is probably a traumatic time for her. Perhaps not to you, as you see far worse in the Dr's office, though.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We are a small office, so it is normal to talk and to know the patients .... This all just happened within the last week so it is still fresh in my mind ...

and 99% of people who go the Dr.s are scared that doesnt mean they need a group to go with them...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Nothing wrong with family supporting, for even minor things.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Maybe she doesnt drive. Or maybe she doesnt have a car. Or maybe she just loves her family & they love her. Why is that a big deal to you? Is it really your business?
    Anonymous

• I am not making it my buisness... I am just curious.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• perhaps she doesn't drive ..... this is certainly a possibility you wouldn't be aware of! I am 29 and medically unable to drive so my mom, dad, MIL, or husband are w/ me at every medical appt. .... a nurse, receptionist, etc would never know that though
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Maybe there is a family history of breast cancer and she was worried/wanted emotional support in case the cyst turned out to be something worse?

Or maybe her family was worried about her driving afterward?

Personally, I've been through some rough dr's/dental visits completely alone and I would have LOVED to have even one member of my family give a crap enough to come with me.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Oh and BTW unless your the doctor in that office then you really don't know the extent of her medical condition. MYOB.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010