alex is finially here but im concerned about my c section

so i got a c section not very happy about that but im wondering if im healing properly. i had it done Saturday and right now the bottom half of my stomach feels numb. doctors said everything is great but i didn't think everything would feel numb. has this happened to anyone? thanks

Asked by saraelf at 7:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds normal. they cut the nerves so that's why it's numb. they have to regrow.

• I hurt now and my baby is 7 months. But i had always hurt after the cut. Sorry i am not any help.

Answer by MommyTessier at 8:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You will feel numb for a few months. It is very normal! I've had 3 c-sections and the last one was 2 yrs ago and there are still spots that are numb. Just take it easy and you will be just fine!
    Congrats on your new little one!

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 8:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i've had 2 c-sections and I'm still numb, the first was 2 years ago and it never went away. The last was in January and now I'm numb in a little bit bigger of an area. The docs say that soemtimes it never goes away, but usually it does. It will take a few months! After all, they did cut through all you nerves... that's why it's numb and normal.

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• sweetie I had my c-section july14th. And I still can't feel some places around it. It's perfectly normal. If you need to talk about any other concerns email me....

Answer by youngandafraid at 8:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I had the same thing. Its normal.

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2008