alex is finially here but im concerned about my c section

so i got a c section not very happy about that but im wondering if im healing properly. i had it done Saturday and right now the bottom half of my stomach feels numb. doctors said everything is great but i didn't think everything would feel numb. has this happened to anyone? thanks

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 7:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds normal. they cut the nerves so that's why it's numb. they have to regrow.
    Anonymous

• I hurt now and my baby is 7 months. But i had always hurt after the cut. Sorry i am not any help.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 8:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You will feel numb for a few months. It is very normal! I've had 3 c-sections and the last one was 2 yrs ago and there are still spots that are numb. Just take it easy and you will be just fine!
    Congrats on your new little one!
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 8:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i've had 2 c-sections and I'm still numb, the first was 2 years ago and it never went away. The last was in January and now I'm numb in a little bit bigger of an area. The docs say that soemtimes it never goes away, but usually it does. It will take a few months! After all, they did cut through all you nerves... that's why it's numb and normal.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• sweetie I had my c-section july14th. And I still can't feel some places around it. It's perfectly normal. If you need to talk about any other concerns email me....
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 8:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I had the same thing. Its normal.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2008