is this true? adult content

if u have short periods that something is wrong for example, b4 i had my iud put in i had regular 4-6 day periods i had no perids while i had my iud in and now that ive had my iud taken out my periods rang from only 2 days to maybe 5 days. could something b wrong?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Health

• The length of a period makes no difference.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If you are experiencing pain or symptoms, you should contact your doctor. My periods have ranged from 3 days to 6, I don't know that a shortened period by itself is necessarily an indication of anything wrong.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• How long since your iud? Its probably nothing length doesn;t usually matter.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 12:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My gyne always told me it didn't matter how long or short a period was as long as you were having them regularly. She said that even spotting one day can be considered a period! Also, it will take time for your body to get back into its groove since the IUD was removed and your cycle may never be the same, as it is very susceptible to changes in your life (stress, illness, pregnancy, hormone therapy, etc.). If you are truly concerned or if you are experiencing any unusual symptoms (pain, cramps, discharge, etc.), then you should make an appt. with your doctor for a check-up.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• that's what an IUD does. Do you have Mirena? I haven't had a period AT ALL since about two months after it was put in. Over time your periods should get shorter and lighter.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Wait. Never mind. Reading comp check. Sorry.
    Jenny-talia

• As long as you are not experiencing any ill side effects, how long or short you have your period for is not necessarily an issue. Having just had the mirena taken out, it could take your body a little while to get back into the rythym of things
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• no they are just jealous.... my ob answered that ?? for me after i had an iud out too. now mine are maybe 3 days - mostly 2 days and i take seasonique - so that is 2 to 3 days every 3 months. he said it is fine. it makes sense because i have a smaller than normal uterus. bet you do too.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I have never heard anything about this.My periods keep shorter the older I get
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Mine have always been 2 - 3 days every 23 days.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010