Question about cooking turkey and stuffing

I am planning on cooking my stuffing separate from the turkey but want to cook them at teh same time. If I add the stuffing lets say 45 minutes before the turkey is supposed to be done will the turkey still be done on time or do I have to add extra time? Does anyone have any suggestions?

kanakake

Asked by kanakake at 12:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Adding separate dishes to the oven won't affect the turkey's cook time, is that what you mean? Just get in and get out, don't keep the oven door open long or it will lose heat.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• The turkey should rest, covered, for at least 15 minutes before you carve it, and longer doesn't hurt. Put the stuffing in about a half hour before you think the turkey will hit 160, take the turkey out at 160, let it rest while the stuffing finishes cooking.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We let our turkey "rest" for 30 minutes after cooking to set the juices, avoiding dry meat syndrome. During that time, I pop my stuffing in the oven to bake (duration: 30 min)
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 3:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2010