What is the reason you named your child?

I am naming my FDS (Future Dear Son), due 3 March, after DH. I love the name JR. My dad had named my brother after him, so that is my reason!

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 12:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Baby Names

• I liked the name. His middle name is his Daddy's middle name.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We liked the names. With my oldest, his first name was all we could agree on. With our second, I told DH what his first name was and let him pick the middle name among a couple I liked. It was important to me to have a Gabriel.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We love the name. My son's middle name is also my dh middle name. For us,I do not like Jrs.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Well my um sons name is Zachary. I came up with it when I saw Zak Wilde on stage with a local band at a rock club. He turned his back to the croud and I noticed that he had a very nice ass lol. At that point I realized that I loved the name Zachary. Our daughters name is Mackenna, friends of mine came up with it and hub and I liked it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We wanted him to have balance. He is named for a biblical prophet and a 'prophet' of mathematics.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We just both loved the name Joseph. So named first son that and my hubby's name as is middle name. And for second son we both loved Daniel and my father-in-law's name is his middle name. Call them Joey and Danny. My two stinkers. lol
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Karia--I was in high school at the time, looking in a yearbook, and the name stood out.
    Gavin--singer Gavin Degraw
    Kayla--wanted to stick with "K" names and it stood out from the Hebrew names book.
    Lydia--I had no say, all FIL's doing. He was giving us a minivan though.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Child1- after my favorite author
    Child2- After my mom and my grandmother
    Child3- After my dad and my FIL
    Child4- After DH's mom
    Child5- After DH's middle name
    Child6- DH's favorite actor
    Child7- We just like the name!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 12:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Christian Michael- First name just loved and middle name is my DH's middle name and FIL's middle name.
    Ella Jane- First name just loved and middle name is my middle name and also my Great Grandmas middle name.
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 12:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Because I didn't know anybody else with the names I chose and I really like the way it sounded. Mikaela Sky and Kierstin Storm.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010