Did you really call the cops?

I finally called the cops on my neighbor's for their incessant dog barking from 6am to 9:30pm. DH and I have gone to their house and while the dog was barking, out back, we did let them know he was a nuisance! They let the dog inside the house immediately! But, they still let him outside, every single day! I am 6 months pregnant, DH goes to work inbetween 4~430am, and I try to take a nap until 9am, but when the dog wakes me up an hour and a half after DH leaves, it drives me CRAZY! So, after a month and a half of listening to this every single day, after our nice chat with them, I FINALLY CALLED THE COPS!
ANYONE ELSE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS KIND OF PROBLEM?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 12:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pets

• Thanks. I think it is sad that people like you and I have to suffer because of inconsiderate and rude people! Then when you want to file a report because you've reached the end of the rope they make it impossible to get justice. I hope it works out for you.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Aw. I feel for you especially being pregnant. My husband has heart disease and underwent open heart surgery last year. Our obnoxious neighbor not only allows his dog to remain outside all day and night to bark, but revs a very loud motorcycle morning, noon and night...and sometimes at 2 in the morning. We are moving. We tried calling the police. They don't even bother to get out of the car to investigate and just drive by. We called animal control and they tell us it's a police issue. It seems that nobody wants to do their job or care. You could file a complaint with your township and take them to court. However, be prepared for retaliation since most of the time the people that do these things are rude and revengeful. Good luck.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• People who leave barking dogs outside are evil!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 6:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I have had to do it! My daughter was 3 and my son was an infant and my neighbor decided to get a bunch of terriors. She worked all day and partied all night and would let her dogs out of the house at 6 am and not get home until 10 pm or later. The dogs barked ALL DAY LONG! My kids couldn't nap and I was going out of my flipping mind. Talking to her didn't help, but calling the police didn't really help much either. She did eventually take the hint though and started making an effort. We had some ugly words and 5 years later we still don't talk. She eventually got rid of those dogs and now has a bunch of less barking dogs.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Well, I have videos... And, here in the county I live in, the cops have to come to my house and make me file a report before they can do anything!
    I am sorry about what's going on with you and your DH.
    smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010