Why do people ask questions annonymously?

Im not hating Im just curious. I understand if maybe you were embarrassed by your question or something. But if you're preaching or even just stating a question you believe in why ask it annonymously?

bellsandheels

Asked by bellsandheels at 12:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I can understand it if it were for extremely personal and embarassing questions. But when someone asks the silliest question and they post it anon...what's the point? And when someone answers a question so rudely and posts it anon. Have the guts to show who you are if you're going to be mean spirited.
    psgilbert

Answer by psgilbert at 12:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I personally hate the anon feature.. a lot of CafeMom users take advantage of it just to start drama.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Same reason people answer questions anonymously I suppose. Maybe they don't want people snooping on their profile making judgements about them based on what they asked or answered. And it's never happened to me but I've heard women on here say that they've received nasty messages from others who didn't agree with their question/answer. I'd go anonymous then too.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Maybe some people don't want to be identified if they are posting very personal issues.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Because it's there for everyone to use if they choose to do so. There is still a person with valid thoughts and feelings behind the anon button. It really doesn't change the message. And I have seen some pretty mean people without anon. Here's what I don't get, I have seen anons ask the same questions as screen names and get totally ripped apart, while the answerers in the non anon are being nice even if they don't agree. Some people will post their views anon because they have family on here too.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• People being anon never bothered me. I do see some do it to start crap, but I think the majority do it so that they don't get personal bashing on their page.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Because there are some nutty people here who like to stalk & harrass you for no reason & sometimes its best not to show yourself even it its for something innocent.
    Anonymous

• I dont personally like it either. I think when someone has a strong opinion about something, even though they're ask you for your opinion if you go contrary to what they think or feel they feel free to blow you out the water without you knowing who they are. I personally dont understand it.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Really Musicmom80 I'm actually one of your biggest fans. We seem to answer around the same time and we agree on a lot of things (wow I sound like a teachers pet).

I understand for the personal controversial questions but little ones like WYR...that I personally just answered... I had a different opinion then the annon that left the answer and she off. I could tell that, by the annon on the bottom, if you didnt agree with how she felt she was going to go off on you

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I give a reason & 2 ppl vote it down. Nice.
    Anonymous