how to fix a hijacked browser?

I've been hijacked and anything i type in the search line always gets redirected..!

I've cleaned my computer with McAffee and Microsoft Malicious removal and niether one came back saying I had NO threats, yet i continue to get redirected. Also "Just in time debugger messages continually pops up" I dont know what that is other than it appears when your system has crashed.

Does anyone know what else i can do?

I believe my computer was hijacked when my daughter Googled something --there is a virus associated with Google.

Elda90042

Asked by Elda90042 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Technology

• Does it prompt you to buy a specific type of security? Don't do it, obviously, but each virus can have it's own removal process.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• No I dont believe any of thoes pop ups....Just want it overwith already..been 4 days trying to fix it.
    Elda90042

Comment by Elda90042 (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Malware malbytes. You can download it off of bleeping computer.com. It's free.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Download MBAM (Malwarebyte's AntiMalware) boot into safe mode, run it, than PM me and tell me what happens.

I did this for a living for a long time, I am more than happy to help you out.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You can also do system restore
    Mrsvixen69

Answer by Mrsvixen69 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would do a system restore.. Go back to the date that it was last working properly. Good luck
    AmandaValentin

Answer by AmandaValentin at 1:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If the problem is something that was downloaded (like an activex control), depending on the version of windows it may not repair it. System Restore tends to not roll back your personal data, only registry items, system files and the like. If the virus is still present in a download folder or temp file, it will just reinstall itself.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 2:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2010