why would i be measuring 30 weeks?

im only supposed to be 29 weeks and 2 days.. is it normal to measure ahead by over a week?? it does matter about the measurements.. maybe she's a big baby?

sunshinebaby209

Asked by sunshinebaby209 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ur guna have a big baby!! lol as long as the doctors say she is healthy you have nothing to worry about. its better than having a small baby isnt it? count your blessings
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 7:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• its good if she is a big baby , you should be happy she is big and healthy. you arent measuring over a weeks. you are measuring ahead by 5 days.
    Anonymous

• When I was 34 Weeks I measured at 44 weeks. My son was Huge. Some times there is to much water, and some times they are big. Dont worry that is normal.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 7:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• It just means that either your dates are a little off and you're a week farther along, or your baby is a little big right now. That doesn't mean you'll give birth to a huge baby, just that right now your baby is measuring a little big.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I am 23 weeks and he is measure 25 weeks. It is not uncommon to measure big, because the ultrasound is only an estimate. I know I am only 23 weeks, because I was on fertility drugs and know exactly what day I conceived. Don't worry, it's not uncommon.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• it sounds terrible, but a week makes a big difference as far as the father goes.. i was dating a guy for a very long time and then we broke up and a week later i was with my SO..slutty i know :(
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• It is normal. I am 16 weeks 4 days and measure 17. Since it is in centimeters, it is probably easier to round up then figure out tenth of a centimeter.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• measuring your uterus IS NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE do not go by that only early ultrasounds can tell you roughly how far along you are..i measured 30 weeks up until 42 WEEKS.. believe me it can be wrong.. docs say give or take 2 weeks.
    Anonymous